Health & SafetySafety Is Our Priority
A & O Contracting Inc is committed to the health and safety of its employees and for all who are involved in our project and as such protection of employees from injury or occupational disease is a major company objective. We Are committed to continuous improvement forward and accident-free workplace through effective administration, education, and eliminating “near misses” which greatly reduce the risk of injuries.
A&O Contracting Inc. will ensure that individuals working on A&O Contracting Inc. project sites will have adequate training, experience, and the resources available to carry out his/her duties competently. Our Construction Safety Policy includes the following
- Work will be conducted in accordance with all municipal, provincial, and federal regulatory requirements on our premises and project sites.
- For each project, a thorough risk assessment will be conducted prior to commencement by a competent individual or entity.
- No project will be undertaken until an adequate health and safety plan has been designed.
- All project managers, supervisors, and other employees will receive adequate training to conduct his/her daily functions safely.
- No project will commence until all employees have been adequately informed regarding potential hazards present, preventative measures, and requirements regarding personal protective equipment.
- Each project will be provided with equipment and tools that are in good working order to perform the project safely.
- Where required, an independent competent person or entity will be appointed to assist A&O Contracting Inc. with the implementation of this program.
In addition to the above, the management and directors of A&O Contracting Inc. are committed to providing and maintaining a safe work environment. With this in mind, A&O Contracting Inc. will review and update its Occupational Health and Safety Program on a regular basis.